The Karnataka Government introduced the online portal- E-Swathu to clarify property ownership details of the southern rural areas of the state. Managed by the Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department, residents of the state can easily access their e-Khata through this portal.
E-Swathu Karnataka- An overview
The Government of Karnataka launched the E-Swathu portal with the aim to digitalise land records, providing easy accessibility to its denizens.
This portal is a one-stop solution for queries and processes related to land records in Karnataka. It features a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate.
Access to digital property records in E-Swathu Karnataka has streamlined the tedious task of availing property-related documents without having to run from one office to another. One can access all property documents by logging in to this portal and download deeds in no time.
The E-Swathu Karnataka website offers the followings services to its users:
- Prevention of forgery and property-related scams.
- Maintaining ownership records and details of properties under every Gram Panchayat division.
- Updating more information, such as property inheritance, transfer of property etc.
- Performing multiple tasks like court cases, restrictions, acquisition of land etc.
Hence, denizens of rural Karnataka planning to avail a home loan can use this portal to download important documents needed while applying for the said credit.
What are the documents found on E-Swathu Karnataka?
One can find two crucial documents on the portal of E-Swathu. They are Form-11 and Form-9. Concerning officers of Gram Panchayats created these two forms for non-agricultural properties.
- Issued by the respective Gram Panchayat for non-agricultural properties, Form-11 is for property tax payment. The Karnataka Government has issued this form under Karnataka Panchayat Raj Rules, 2006, (Rule 30, Amendment Rules, 2013).
- Form-9 also known as A-khata authenticates a site’s location in a village. This form is issued under Karnataka Panchayat Raj Rule 28.
One can register in this portal to avoid property-related frauds while applying for home loan.
Documents needed to apply for Form-11 and Form-9
Individuals need to keep handy the relevant documents before they apply for Form-11 or Form-9. Concerning officers verify the following documents-
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Passport size photograph of the individuals
- Urban development Department issued approval documents
- Documents of plan sanction
- Property ownership documents
- Conversion order from the Revenue Department
- Gramathana sketch
- Sanction order for properties and Hakku Patra.
Besides knowing the documents needed for Form-11 and Form-9, it is wise to see the list of all the documents one needs for a home loan.
How to get Form-11 and Form-9 online?
One can easily download the forms by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit E-Swathu portal and click on “Search Your Property”
Step 2: on the redirected page, enter details like District, Block, Gram Panchayat, Village, Name of the Owner, Property ID, and ‘Printed Forms’.
Step 3: Then click on “Search”.
Step 4: Click on “Document Number” to download both Form-11 and Form-9
These two forms are necessary for home buyers. Hence, they need to know the eligibility for the home loans and the factors that can affect one’s home loan eligibility.
Potential borrowers can apply for home loans from leading lenders, extending pre-approved offers to streamline the application process. Such offers are available on various financial products, such as home loans, loans against property etc. Borrowers can check their pre-approved offers by entering their names and contact details.
Individuals residing in the rural areas of Karnataka can use the E-Swathu portal to download important property documents while applying for home loans. Submitting all the required documents will help customers avail home loans easily and quickly.