No matter what you have, a Linksys router or Linksys extender, what matter is, why you want to reset your Linksys device. There can be many reasons behind the same, be it can’t perform Linksys router login or can’t access http://extender.linksys.com. Apart from this, there can be many reasons that will force you to reset your Linksys device.
But, you don’t have to worry! We have got you covered. In this post, we will first provide you instructions to reset your Linksys router/ extender and then provide you the reasons along with the topmost fixes to troubleshoot it. This means you can try the fixes prior to pushing your Linksys device to reset back to factory default values.
Note: The reset process will be the same for all Linksys extenders and Linksys router models. Continue reading!
How to Reset Linksys Router or Extender?
Step 1: First things first, you have to disconnect all the devices that are connected to your Linksys extender or router. Even though if your Linksys devices (extender or router) are connected to each other, disconnect them as well. But, do not unplug your Linksys device.
Step 2: Then, locate the reset hole on your Linksys router/ extender. Press, hold and release the reset hole on your device upon holding it for a couple of minutes.
And, that’s it! You have successfully reset your Linksys device back to factory default settings.
Now, those who have Linksys router, access Linksys router IP and take the plunge to reconfigure it.
And, those who have Linksys extender, access the Linksys extender setup page and do the needful to configure it again.
Now, we are going to provide you with reasons that might have led you to reset your Linksys extender or Linksys router. Don’t worry! We will also provide the solutions along. Have a quick look below:
- Linksys router/ Linksys extender not powering on
- LEDs on the device are not stable or showing red, amber, or no LED
- Plug in your device to a working wall outlet
- Provide it with a steady power supply
- If the issue remains the same, simply give the device a fresh start by simply power cycling it
- The extender/ router is connected but no internet
- Contact your ISP regarding the same
- The connection between the devices is not stable
- Use a non-damaged Ethernet cable to connect them or use a wireless source instead
After applying this solution, check the connection between the devices by accessing Linksys router login page.
And, if you have a Linksys extender, do the needful by accessing http://extender.linksys.com.
Note: If you have a Linksys router, then you must connect it to your internet modem. And, if you have a Linksys extender, then it must be connected to your main router.
- Can’t update firmware or firmware update failed
- If the firmware version of your Linksys device is giving you issues, then it means that it needs something else.
So, visit the official site of your Linksys router using Linksys router IP and get complete information regarding the same. And, for Linksys extender users, use extender.linksys.com to visit the official site of your device. One more thing, do not do the mistake of interrupting the firmware update process.
- Linksys extender or Linksys router not working after firmware update.
It means that the wrong firmware version has been downloaded. So, it is very important to select the correct firmware as per the device model you have.
- The login details of the Linksys router or Linksys extender not working
- It means you have personalized the login details of your device. So, use them instead of using the default ones. In case of default details, see the manual of your device.
- Can’t configure Linksys router or Linksys extender
If you are unable to perform Linksys extender setup or Linksys router setup, then:
- Ensure to make a proper connection between the devices
- Make sure that you are accessing the SSID of your device (Linksys router or Linksys extender)
- Follow the correct configuration process
That’s all! These were some common reasons that might have LED to reset your Linksys device. So, what we suggest, is first try the fixes we have provided along, and if the fixes don’t help you out, power cycle your device in every case. Just in case, the power cycling process doesn’t help you either, then you should think about resetting your Linksys device. But, before that, you must take a backup of the settings of your Linksys device.
The Last Words
We hope that you are satisfied with the information we have provided in this article. Please let us know your answer. Your feedback will help thousands of Linksys extender or Linksys router users across the globe.
Wishing you Merry Christmas in advance! Enjoy!