Every wireless device access point like a router or range extender has a network name using which you can access its network on the wireless devices. This network name of the router or extenders is also known as SSID. If your WiFi device is unable to detect the name of your Netgear extender EX2700, this piece of write-up is for you. This article is going to give you information about how you can get this issue resolved. A general reason for undetectable Netgear EX2700 extender SSID or network name is that the extender is not booted up properly. Another possible reason is that EX2700 is not broadcasting the network name. One more common occurring reason is not following the right method of Netgear EX2700 setup. Keep reading further to know how to resolve this issue.
Basic Troubleshooting Step
Let us start with the basic troubleshooting that is rebooting the Netgear extender. We already stated earlier that if the Netgear extender is not booted up properly, then it may be difficult for the wireless devices to detect its SSID. Thus, reboot it to get the issue resolved immediately. Here are the easy steps that you need to follow to reboot or restart the extender.
- Power off the Netgear EX2700 by removing its power cable from the wall electrical inlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug in the power cable back to the wall electrical inlet.
- Power the extender on.
Rebooting is completed. Try to access the extender’s network using any device after rebooting. If your wireless devices are still not able to detect its SSID then, check if your Netgear EX2700 is broadcasting its network name (SSID) or not.
Check if Netgear EX2700 is Broadcasting SSID
To check if your Netgear EX2700 is broadcasting its network name or SSID, do the following.
- Launch a web browser and type in the Netgear extender GUI using the web address www.mywifiext.net avoiding any typos. Please note that the above mentioned domain works for a windows operating system. So, you need to use the web address www.mywifiext.net in case you are using iOS. Hit Enter.
- It will prompt you to enter username and password. So, type the default login credentials without any spelling mistakes. Also, ensure not to turn on Caps Lock while entering the credentials, as they are case-sensitive.
- Now, you are logged in to your Netgear EX2700 extender. Go to WiFi Settings option.
- Here, check if Enable 2.4 GHz WiFi or Enable 5GHz WiFi and Broadcast this Network name (SSID) options are checked.
- If these options are not checked, then check them and click on the Save button.
Now, try to access the Netgear EX2700 using its SSID and see if it is detectable on your wireless devices.
So, we discussed about the issue of Netgear EX2700 network name or SSID not being detected on the wireless devices. To solve the issue, start by rebooting the extender. If rebooting does not resolve the issue, move to the next step which is to check whether Netgear EX2700 has hidden the network name in its settings. If you are unable to detect the SSID even after all this effort, then try resetting the Netgear EX2700 extender. After the reset, your extender will be restored to the factory settings. This means that all the customized settings will be lost. So, again perform the Netgear EX2700 setup process either via the manual method involving the domain www.mywifiext.net or via the Nighthawk app. After doing so, we are sure that you will be able to detect the Netgear EX2700 extender network name or SSID on your wireless devices.