Do you know it is very important to update your Netgear Orbi system every now and then? Netgear keeps rolling out the latest firmware updates for various devices on a regular basis. It is the users’ responsibility to keep a check on such updates and get the device updated. Although the entire Orbi firmware update process is quite easy, users report that they are unable to get through the process sometimes. If you are coming across Orbi firmware update error or are unable to complete the update process, then this guide will be helpful to you. Thus, read on.
How to Update Netgear Orbi?
Before we get ahead with troubleshooting the issue that is stopping you from updating your Netgear Orbi, it is recommended to check if you are following the correct method to update your device.Thus, we have mentioned below the correct steps to do the same.
- Power up your computer first and download the latest version of the firmware for the Orbi model that you own.
- Save the firmware file at any safe location on your computer.
- Turn the Netgear Orbi system power supply on by plugging the Orbi router into an active wall socket. Do the same with the Orbi satellite.
- It is now time to load a web browser that will be used to visit the Orbi login page.
- Now, input orbilogin.com in the address field of the browser.
- Hit enter.
- You will be navigated to the Orbi login window.
- Enter the Orbi login credentials into their corresponding fields and click on the Login button.
- Once you reach the Orbi admin dashboard, click on the Advanced option and then click on the Firmware Update under Administration.
- Now, click on the Manual Update option.
Update Firmware on Satellite
Now it is time to update the firmware on the Orbi satellite. Here is how it is done:
- You need to click on the checkbox next to your Orbi satellite model name.
- Now click on the Update button to open the satellite firmware update window.
- Click on the Browse button and navigate to choose the firmware file earlier saved.
- Click on Upload.
Update Firmware on Router
- Open the Firmware Update page once again.
- Click on the Firmware Update option under Administration.
- Now click on the Manual Update tab.
- Navigate and choose the firmware file after clicking on the Browse button.
Have you followed the same process? We hope you did not interrupt the firmware update process by opening some other app or turning the device off. If you are unable to perform the firmware update using this process, then it is now time to get to troubleshooting.
How to Fix Orbi Firmware Update Issues?
Begin by rebooting your Orbi. Unplug the Orbi router from the wall socket and let it rest for a while. Plug it back again into the wall socket and then turn the power supply on. As soon as the Orbi is booted up properly, try updating the firmware again. No luck? Move to the next hack.
Ensure Stable Internet Connection
Before performing the firmware update, ensure that the device is receiving stable internet access. Check the Ethernet cable that you have used to connect the Orbi router to the modem. Make sure it is not damaged and is inserted properly in the respective ports on both networking devices. As soon as you are done making sure good internet connection, try the firmware update process again. If it still is far from happening, then proceed to the next step.
Verify Power Supply
It is mandatory that the Orbi is receiving a non-fluctuating power supply, especially when you are updating the firmware on it. Check the power socket to which it is connected. Ensure connecting the Orbi to an active and non-damaged power socket.
Check Login Details
This seems silly, but you know many users are unable to complete the firmware update process because they cannot log in to the Orbi dashboard. You ought to use the correct login web address to do the Netgear admin login. Also, make certain that you are entering the login address into the URL bar of the browser and not in the search bar. Apart from this, ensure entering the correct login credentials without making any typing errors to log in.
With the hope that the firmware update error issue has been fixed by following the above-mentioned hacks, we are closing this helpful guide. Go ahead and update the firmware on your Netgear Orbi right away.