So you have just completed setting up your Netgear router and now you are stuck with what follows next. Well, we are here for your assistance. Whether you have set up your router using the web interface or the Nighthawk app, you can now begin accessing its network. In this guide, you will find every single piece of information about what comes right after the Netgear router setup process. Thus read on.
Relocate Your Netgear Router
As soon as you are done setting up your router with the home network, you need to relocate it to the best possible location in your home. While placing the router, keep these things in mind:
- Make sure you place the Netgear router closer to the modem. It should be within the range of the modem.
- Do not place the router in an enclosed area like behind a cupboard or other furniture.
- Avoid placing it in corners, attics, or basements.
- Place it at a higher location.
- Keep it away from other transmitting devices, like Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, microwave ovens, walkie-talkies, etc.
- Do not keep it near reflexive surfaces like heavy mirrors or water bodies.
Once you have placed your Netgear router in an appropriate place, you can now move to the next step which is to change the WiFi password to ditch the possible threats to your network.
To change the WiFi password, you need to access the Netgear login page which can be done by using any of the following methods:
Netgear Router Login via Web Address
To access the Netgear router settings page using the login web address, here are the steps:
- Power up your Netgear router by connecting it to an active power socket. Make sure you are using a damage-free power socket.
- Now grab a computer or a laptop and load any web browser of your choice. Some of the famous web browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc.
- In the URL bar of the browser, enter the Netgear router login web address www.routerlogin.net. Make sure you are not making any typing errors while entering the web address or you will be navigated to some anonymous page.
- Hitting the Enter key will take you to the Netgear router login page.
- Input the admin username and password into their respective boxes.
- Finally, click on the Log In button.
You are now on the Netgear router admin page or the settings page. Now, change the WiFi password here.
In case you experience routerlogin not working issue, then you can take the help of the Nighthawk app to access the settings page and modify the WiFi password. Make sure you choose a strong password. Make use of alphanumeric as well as special characters in the new password.
Netgear Router Login via Nighthawk App
The Nighthawk app is available for both Android as well as MAC devices. To change the wireless network password using the app, follow the below-given process.
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Tap on the Play Store or the App Store icon.
- Search for the Nighthawk app. Tap on the Nighthawk app in the search results.
- Download the app.
- Launch the app by tapping on its icon, once it is downloaded and installed.
- You will be prompted to enter the Netgear admin username and password.
- Enter the default Netgear username and password avoiding any spelling mistakes.
- Tap on the Log In button.
This is how you make use of the Nighthawk app to access your Netgear router settings. Change the wireless network password here. Choose a strong password and avoid using personal information like name, date of birth, or contact numbers as password. Such WiFi networks are easy to guess and thus are prone to WiFi threats.
Now you can access a seamless Netgear router network using different devices.
We have provided you with instructions about what to do after you have set up your Netgear router. You have also learned about how to access your Netgear router login page to access its settings to change the WiFi password. For your information, by logging into your Netgear router using the same methods, you can do the router firmware update, enable parental controls, enable guest network controls, and much more.