If you are using a Rockspace extender to amplify your WiFi signals at your home to access internet and suddenly you noticed that your WiFi extender is flashing orange light instead of green then, don’t panic. This issue can occur sometimes due to minor technical issues with your Rockspace WiFi extender. But, don’t neglect this issue as it can turn into a major one and completely ruin your internet experience. Therefore, here we have come up with the solutions to fix the Rockspace WiFi extender orange light issue for making your experience better. Just head further for more knowledge.
Solutions: Rockspace Orange Light Issue
Reboot Your Rockspace Extender
Rebooting your Rockspace WiFi extender can be fruitful in removing numerous minor issues which you are facing along with the orange light issue. Reboot your device by simply going through the below-mentioned instructions:
- Disconnect your all WiFi-enabled devices from the Rockspace WiFi extender.
- Turn it off and disconnect it from the power source.
- Wait for some time and re-connect your Rockspace WiFi extender to the power source.
- Turn it on and connect your WiFi-enabled devices to your Rockspace extender.
Now, check if the issue has been resolved. Else, head further to the below section.
Check the Power Supply
Make sure that your Rockspace WiFi extender is getting an adequate power supply. Therefore, inspect your AC cable as any damage in the AC cable can cause a power outage, and can cause any other technical issue. Additionally, don’t forget to check the power socket to which your WiFi extender is connected as its needs to be free from any kind damage.
Check Internet Connection
Ensure that your networking devices are well-connected and have proper WiFi signals. If you are accessing the internet services using a cable connection, then make sure that the Ethernet cable you are using doesn’t have any wear or tear. If it’s damaged, then change it to avoid any further issues. For a wireless connection, position your WiFi extender within the range of your Rockspace WiFi extender to avoid loss of signals.
Important Note: We suggest users prefer a wired connection while accessing Rackspace login page to limit the outcome of future issues.
Update Rockspace Extender Firmware
Using an old version of your Rackspace WiFi extender firmware can also be a reason behind this issue you currently facing. Therefore, it’s recommended to use the latest version of your Rock space extender firmware for its smooth functioning However, many users aren’t aware of the process to update the firmware of the Rock space extender and find difficulty while doing so. If you don’ want any issues while updating your Rackspace extender firmware, then carefully walk through the below-mentioned steps.
- Switch on your Rock space extender and your computer system.
- Access an updated version of the web browser.
- Go to the address field, enter the default web address, and hit the Enter button.
- You’ll be navigated to the Rackspace admin login page where you are required to enter the default username and password.
- After entering the default login credentials, click the Log In button.
- Once you have successfully logged in, the Rockspace extender setup wizard will appear on the screen.
- On the Rockspace extender setup wizard, head to the Advanced tab.
- Under the Advanced tab, click Administration and then select Firmware Update.
- Then, you need to click the Check button to confirm if a new update is available or not.
- If a new update is available, click Yes to begin the update process.
- Once initiated, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the Rockspace extender firmware update process.
Reset Rockspace Extender
Resetting your Rockspace extender is needed when none of the above-mentioned methods works. For your ease, just walk through the below-given steps to reset your Rockspace extender without any stress.
- Look for the reset button located on your Rockspace extender.
- Once you have located the reset button, then press and hold it using pin-pointed object till the LEDs start blinking.
- Then, your Rockspace extender will restart automatically and will get restored to default factory settings.
Finally, your Rockspace Range extender is restored to the default factory mode. Now, re-configure it again to enjoy the internet services.
In this manner, you can easily fix the Rockspace extender LED’s displaying orange light issue.