Ramanagara is popularly known as the birthplace of rock climbing, and it is a frequently visited place by many people for spending their holidays ,located on the outskirts of the Tech city of India, Bangalore. Situated just 50kms far from the main city it takes just an hour to reach this place from Bangalore.
Chisel with rocky land, this place have gigantic mountains, boulders and granites and its rough terrain is an apt set up for many thrilling and adventurous activities like trekking, rappelling and rock climbing. Along with that the night stay at the camp will going to make your trip more enjoyable. Telling stories while sitting around the bonfire and sleeping under the sky full of stars is a cherishable experience.
This place is also known as the mecca of rock climbers and can be done in a 2 days. It is one of the favourable spots that people prefer to visit in order to escape from their regular work. Within a weekend time this camping experience would refresh you. This is a weeknd type trek at Ramanagara is known as the mecca of rock climbers.
Highlights of Ramanagara Trek
The Ramanagara day trek is so exotic and thrilling not only days even the night treks are also perfect, its uniqueness will give you an exclusive experience.
- Climbing up the rocky land in the dark multiplies the fun and adventure.
- You should must go on this trek with friends or cousins it will double the thrill , adventure and joy you will experience from this amazing trek of Ramanagara. Apart from the experience it’s too supportive if you have fellow members which knows each others strengths and weakness and can support you if by chance something bad will happen.
- Kayaking is a water bodie which is thrilling and adds the adventure of the trip.
- camping in the middle of green hills and blissful Lake that surround the campsite is a wholesome experience for a weekend trips.
- Trekking to Ramanagara caves via natural trails in the way is a perfect fulfillment.
- The clear sky makes it perfect for stargazing while you stay at night for camping.
- adventurous activities like Mud volleyball, kayaking, canoeing etc are some of the fun activities.
Basic Essentials During Ramanagara Trek
- Remember to keep a torch with you.
- Must carry waterbottles.
- carry Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, etc.
- Carry your Personal medication is better.
- Carry Warm jackets for the night is better.
- Carry shoes that are comfortable with good grip to climb up the hills.
- Carry Sunglasses or cap to prevent your face and skin from sunburns.
- Carry your Backpack also a necessary
- Carry Camera, if you want to click pictures then you can carry them too.
Things to do on Ramanagara Trek
- Just don’t forget to try the set of sliding games, team-based activities, and adventure activities that are perfect for corporate trips or family outings.
- There are some fun and exciting sport activities like Water volleyball, Jumbo cricket, Jumbo Volleyball, Human Football, Raft Building, Pyramid Building, Jungle Survival Theme and many more exciting activities which you can enjoy.
- Apart from all of these activities you can also enjoy kayaking and canoeing in the lake, swimming in its pristine waters or you can go for thrilling outdoor activities for e.g. Archery and ziplining at the camp.
- Make sure to enjoy camping activities with mouth-watering food served in Breakfast and at the time of supper that would surely satisfy your taste buds!
- This private campsite is an under surveillance by security guards and therefore there is no possibility of any inconveniences and you are set worry free to enjoy the camping.
Things you Need Know
- Children of all the age groups are allowed in campsite (even infants).
- It’s strictly prohibited from participating in rope activities and lake activities after consumption of alcohol.
- Charges will be taken from you as a fine if any kind of damages will cause to the property or things belonging to the camp.
- Involvement in activities like fist fighting, barging in other guests’ privacy is strictly prohibited inside the premises of campsite.
- Consumption of alcohol is completely and strictly prohibited and not allowed outside the campsite/ near the lake, during your stay.
- Adventure activities use to be risky and it’s highly recommendable that you take medical and life insurance before you do any adventurous activity.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be strictly to be followed by each and everyone.
- A valid ID proof like Adhar Card.
- They don’t consider PAN cards as a valid Id proof.